International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many games at a stretch you play?

2 posters

Go down

How many games at a stretch you play? Empty How many games at a stretch you play?

Post by kingsmasher1 October 14th 2013, 2:17 pm

My games happens to be something like this:

These days i have purchased a membership at playchess.com and i have got addicted to the quick 5 minute blitz.
There my blitz rating had reached once to a max 1620, and currently had been around 1450 for quite sometime (all 5 minute games, at least 98% i should say).

The problem is, i get caught up with a streak - 2 wins, 3 wins, 5 wins, 6 wins....losing starts...No 1 loss, 2 loss, 3, loss, 4 loss, 8 loses affraid stop the game, and now rating is around 1296

Back later, and again the wins starts. and the rating reaches 1450.

This pendulum has been around for me, and i have observed it, i wonder if it happens to you all. I also think if it even happens to titled players too, or they fix up a routine that max 10 games, and go home, or play unrated after 5 games etc.

I know this question looks silly jocolor  but really can't help.

kingsmasher1
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

How many games at a stretch you play? Empty Re: How many games at a stretch you play?

Post by BorgQueen November 18th 2013, 5:27 pm

If it is anything like other chess sites, then yes, this is normal... you win and win which results in your rating going up and then you play stronger players because of your rating and so you start losing. This happens quite a lot with online chess.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down