International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visualisation and learnt co-ordinate question

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Visualisation and learnt co-ordinate question - Page 2 Empty Re: Visualisation and learnt co-ordinate question

Post by MSiipola January 18th 2021, 2:43 am

BorgQueen wrote:Mmmm.... I don't think you have failed it.  You probably just need more time and practice.
Yes, of course! Smile

But...

I have tried learning visualization several times, with different approaches. And never succeed. This time I thought I would make a serious attempt.

The instruction in month 1 says:
"The training will consists in 3-4 days of training per week and a “board visualization” training session should last for only 3-10 minutes. So, we will give between 12 and 16 sessions every month."
And 16 sessions with 10 minutes, it's over 2 hours per month. I have made more then this. Probably several hours per week.

I also struggle with the motivation. I'm not really convinced this will make a better player. Despite what the course text says. If I knew this was true, maybe I would put in more work on this. For the time being, I'm not prepared do this. There are so many other subjects I need to learn.

It would be interesting to hear if others really think good visualization helps their game?

MSiipola
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Visualisation and learnt co-ordinate question - Page 2 Empty Re: Visualisation and learnt co-ordinate question

Post by BorgQueen January 18th 2021, 7:05 am

Will it help... well... yes.

If you can move the pieces in your mind better and "see" the resulting position more accurately, then you have a much better chance of evaluating the outcome of calculated lines more accurately.

It's not critical though... I'd say that there are a lot of studies that one should do that are much more important than this.

I suggest if you lack motivation and would rather study something else, then do that for sure.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2