International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KID game

3 posters

Go down

KID game Empty KID game

Post by Randy May 5th 2009, 4:45 pm

A nice game, this time with white in the 5.Bd3 variation of KID, variation proposed by ICS. Black played a sideline, but white chances are quite good, ICS material holds well. KID was covered in Month 1.

Randy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

KID game Empty Re: KID game

Post by chesstiger May 5th 2009, 5:33 pm

Why 24. Qh6 and not 24. Qg5+ which is a more forcing move which black needs to meet with Kf7 while 24. Qh6 can alsobe met with Ne8 for example (offcourse after 24. Qh6 Ne8 25. Rf4 white is winning aswell).
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy May 6th 2009, 1:23 am

chesstiger wrote:Why 24. Qh6 and not 24. Qg5+ which is a more forcing move which black needs to meet with Kf7 while 24. Qh6 can alsobe met with Ne8 for example (offcourse after 24. Qh6 Ne8 25. Rf4 white is winning aswell).
There are several moves that wins in that position, maybe I not choosed always the best... During the game after 24....Ne8 I was considering 25.f6, followed by f7-f8Q. Ne8 cannot take the f7 pawn, because it is mate with Qg7, while Bxf6 bring white Rooks faster in attack, after Rxf6 followed by Raf1. 24...Ne8 25.f6 Kf7 26.fxe7+ Kxf7 27.Qxh7 is also check mate very soon.

Randy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by hoopy June 13th 2009, 6:00 pm

Fantastic stuff. I have not gone through this game before, I wanted to at least start the opening theory. One question comes to mind reading your excellent analysis. There are a number of references to ICS and the ideas in ICS. When you were playing them did you think "They said this in ICS" or was it a case of you understood the principles from ICS and fitted the words afterwards?
I have not yet been able to dio it the first way & am not yet sure if that is good or bad. What are your views having played the game?
hoopy
hoopy
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down