International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A game that is not Chess

2 posters

Go down

A game that is not Chess Empty A game that is not Chess

Post by carnator October 23rd 2012, 6:18 pm

Hi,

Did I just make this account? Yes. Am I an interloper in your community? Yes. So, I am going to tread lightly, very lightly. I am working on a game for Linux and Windows, turn based strategy, it plays much like a table top war game, it could be described as "chess on steroids." I am not giving a link to the site or even mentioning the name of the game, because I know that unsolicited advertising is an annoyance and frowned upon, always. We are just starting to build a community for the game. We need skilled players to find game balance issues. In chess my Elo rating is 1596, decent but not great; as a play tester for the game I don't feel that I am capable of creating the dominant strategies and tactics that we need to find in case they create issues with game balance. I think that strong chess players can definitely take this game to a high level of play to test game balance. I also think that you might really enjoy this game. If this sounds interesting to anyone please let me know and I'll keep talking, otherwise I can take a hint and I'll just disappear myself back into the ether from whence I came.

Cheers,

Jordan Brock

carnator
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

A game that is not Chess Empty Re: A game that is not Chess

Post by BorgQueen October 23rd 2012, 6:54 pm

I'm not sure there's a correlation between chess strength and the ability to pick up an entirely new game, presumably one as complex as chess, and develop strong "game x" strategies... but good luck in your hunting for players to get playing!

BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by carnator October 23rd 2012, 8:47 pm

Well, I wouldn't expect a "Call of Duty" player to pick up this game. But, because of the thinking, tactics, strategy required for this game I think there will be a strong correlation.

carnator
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down