International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study

2 posters

Go down

[Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study Empty [Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study

Post by asimpereira August 14th 2012, 5:10 am

Using 'Chess Book Study ' app on Android devices, you can load the ICS PDF in one-half of the screen AND make moves on the accompanying board, all in one screen!
No need to carry your chess set.
You can also analyze with the power of two chess engines (stockfish and critter)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pereira.booknboard

Disclaimer: I am the developer of this app

Regards,
Asim

For the love of the game!

asimpereira
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

[Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study Empty Re: [Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study

Post by BorgQueen August 27th 2012, 11:53 pm

That's nice.

Since the authors of the course highly recommend doing the study on a REAL BOARD, I'd say you missed the mark!

I'm sure I've seen this AD before btw...

Ah yes,

https://icsdiscussion.forumotion.net/t5p15-getting-started-at-ics-how-are-you-going-through-the-material#3838

So you didn't get a good enough response to your first ad, so you just do it again?

I don't even believe you are studying ICS.

BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

[Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study Empty Re: [Android] Study ICS PDFs using Chess Book Study

Post by asimpereira August 28th 2012, 12:52 am

Hi BorgQueen,

Thanks for being the first one to respond to this post, and sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.
I am on Month one of ICS and scored a 41 in the test.
After a certain "chess maturity", I stopped using physical boards and rely more on the mental board, but it can be daunting.

Of course I read all my chess PDFs using Chess Book Study app.
Its very convenient for me.
Easy to set a new board, engine analysis and the advantage of carrying my chess library everywhere!

Cheers,
Asim

asimpereira
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen August 28th 2012, 3:01 am

Fair enough.

I don't think it would be good personally, I don't like reading much on small screens, but it would be convenient if you were going to study chess on the bus or something...
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down