International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technique Lessons or Exercises First

2 posters

Go down

Technique Lessons or Exercises First Empty Technique Lessons or Exercises First

Post by pawn2d4ore4ImNotFussy May 23rd 2012, 5:53 am

I'll soon be starting month 10 and was wondering if the Technique Lessons might be best done before the Exercises (although they appear after the exercises on the Month 10 page). Any thoughts from those further on in the course?

John

PS The cousre really is superb, it's rekindled my interest in chess. I don't get to play over the board but my rating against Shredder has gone from 1350 to 2030 in just over one year.

pawn2d4ore4ImNotFussy
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Technique Lessons or Exercises First Empty Re: Technique Lessons or Exercises First

Post by PawnCustodian May 23rd 2012, 8:08 am

Your progress has been incredible! I'd be interested to know what kind of a playing schedule you decided on (time controls, etc.).

I just followed a progressive schedule. In my notebook for month 10 I have Playing Technique Lesson 1 followed by Exercises Set 1; Lesson 2 followed by Set 2, etc. That schedule pushes the Playing Techniques Lessons a little early in the month since there are more Exercises than lessons, it may not be optimal but I don't think it makes much difference...

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down