International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Can I get the Initial Test ???

5 posters

Go down

Where Can I get the Initial Test ??? Empty Where Can I get the Initial Test ???

Post by chanakam2000 May 14th 2010, 9:34 am

Before starting our course, you can go through a test that is meant to measure players’
strength up to 2300 rating. The test is extremely hard and very few students have been
successful in more than 50% of the examples.

I want to get this test and check my level.
But I did not see how can I get the test.
Can you please tell me Where is the test

Is it the Test-01 at the section Tests, Problems, Individual Analysis or is there a Test-00 ?

chanakam2000
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Where Can I get the Initial Test ??? Empty Re: Where Can I get the Initial Test ???

Post by Blue Devil Knight May 14th 2010, 1:29 pm

Download:
TEST 01

Do it.

Then grade yourself with:
Solutions to the TEST 01
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Where Can I get the Initial Test ??? Empty Re: Where Can I get the Initial Test ???

Post by hoopy May 14th 2010, 3:29 pm

Blue Devil Knight wrote:Download:
TEST 01

Do it.

Then grade yourself with:
Solutions to the TEST 01

And if you think these ones are hard. Wait to month 12 & 13. Those test are impossible!
hoopy
hoopy
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger May 16th 2010, 5:40 pm

Oh yeah, the test. Never found time to do it, yet.
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vidanovicd December 29th 2015, 8:43 pm

Is there any way to compare points with rating? I have points and I know what is maximum number of point, but do not understand what is the point of the test if I get only the points. I kind of expected to have some analysis at the end.Like for example, if you solved these and those problems that you are strong in understanding closed center but if you failed some problems then you are weak in calculations. Im not sure that understand point of the test.
Any thoughts?

vidanovicd
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger December 30th 2015, 3:07 am

I haven't seen such result list that you mentioned. I guess ICS is just doing a 'before' and 'after' thing. With other words, they hope that you score much higher on the test after you studied their course(s).
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vidanovicd December 30th 2015, 11:03 am

Yes, it seems like that. I was little bit confused by their statement that test is used to measure strength up to 2300 elo. Indeed, they do not mention that test will estimate your rating.
They do have strategy puzzles for separate purchase. I wonder how good that it and is it worth the money ($72).

vidanovicd
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down