International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Chess?

+2
Blue Devil Knight
Chess?
6 posters

Go down

Hello from Chess? Empty Fist month test

Post by Chess? April 16th 2009, 12:29 am

Hi fanat,

Good to see you. This site, thanks to Blue could turn into something great. How did you do on the test for the first month? My result was extremely humbling. But I hope with time success will follow.
We’re do you play? I play on the chessbase server. I do find that some cheat, but for the most part there is a good bunch of people from all over the world.
I would like to see a tournament, say on a weekly, or even monthly bases for all the ICS students. Maybe Blue yourself and I can hook up and play a game or two?

Hey Blue, what do you say. Are you up for a game or two? You guy's may kick my ass, but I am up to the chalange.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Hello from Chess? Empty Re: Hello from Chess?

Post by Blue Devil Knight April 16th 2009, 12:33 am

Chess?, I'm pretty sure I'm not as good as you at chess! I'm about 1500 at ICC in slow games, like 1100 in blitz. My schedule is weird, but if we could coordinate something that would be fun. We could do some very good postmortems here, I think.

Perhaps I shouldl create a forum for doing game analysis using the principles of the School.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fanat April 16th 2009, 6:52 am

Chess? wrote:Hi fanat,

Good to see you. This site, thanks to Blue could turn into something great. How did you do on the test for the first month? My result was extremely humbling. But I hope with time success will follow.
We’re do you play? I play on the chessbase server. I do find that some cheat, but for the most part there is a good bunch of people from all over the world.
I would like to see a tournament, say on a weekly, or even monthly bases for all the ICS students. Maybe Blue yourself and I can hook up and play a game or two?

Hey Blue, what do you say. Are you up for a game or two? You guy's may kick my ass, but I am up to the chalange.

I play turn-based/correspondence games on chess.com. I am not really playing real time games because I get distracted easily at work or home. Very Happy Also, I am not great with time yet, and I always get into time trouble.

I think a tournament in general is a very good idea. Once we get a little bit more people, I'm sure we can organize it. I would be especially interested if somebody who did a program for a bit longer than us (let's say half a year) would join!
fanat
fanat
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Hello from Chess? Empty elo doesn't matter

Post by Chess? April 16th 2009, 9:09 am

Blue Devil Knight wrote:Chess?, I'm pretty sure I'm not as good as you at chess! I'm about 1500 at ICC in slow games, like 1100 in blitz. My schedule is weird, but if we could coordinate something that would be fun. We could do some very good postmortems here, I think.

Perhaps I shouldl create a forum for doing game analysis using the principles of the School.

What is your clock set for your blitz games? Less than 10 min? My brain doesn't work well for games less than 15 min. I think we would have a good time, blundering our way through a game. After we could do the analysis. My schedule is nuts, I only have limited time on the weekends.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight April 16th 2009, 9:14 am

Chess? wrote:What is your clock set for your blitz games? Less than 10 min? My brain doesn't work well for games less than 15 min. I think we would have a good time, blundering our way through a game. After we could do the analysis. My schedule is nuts, I only have limited time on the weekends.

I do 2 12 usually for blitz. I look at blitz as a test of pattern recognition, nothing more. It's thoughtless chess, though fun and it can be addictive. It can be useful, I think, as long as it isn't the only diet. It can be useful for opening prep, generating a practical tactical database, that sort of thing.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chess? April 16th 2009, 9:15 am

fanat wrote:
Chess? wrote:Hi fanat,

I play turn-based/correspondence games on chess.com. I am not really playing real time games because I get distracted easily at work or home. Very Happy Also, I am not great with time yet, and I always get into time trouble.
I think a tournament in general is a very good idea. Once we get a little bit more people, I'm sure we can organize it. I would be especially interested if somebody who did a program for a bit longer than us (let's say half a year) would join!

Good point, I only started my blog in Jan.09 and I have not met anyone else who has done the program.
Good on you regarding the correspondence chess. I am with Blue on this one, I can't take the time for a correspondence game.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Hello from Chess? Empty Elo

Post by Chess? April 16th 2009, 9:19 am

Blue Devil Knight wrote:
Chess? wrote:What is your clock set for your blitz games? Less than 10 min? My brain doesn't work well for games less than 15 min. I think we would have a good time, blundering our way through a game. After we could do the analysis. My schedule is nuts, I only have limited time on the weekends.

I do 2 12 usually for blitz. I look at blitz as a test of pattern recognition, nothing more. It's thoughtless chess, though fun and it can be addictive. It can be useful, I think, as long as it isn't the only diet. It can be useful for opening prep, generating a practical tactical database, that sort of thing.

2 12 is far to short for me to play. Like I said my brains doesn't work that fast and with your elo 1100 blitz I am sure you would crush me. If your up for 20+ min games I am in.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight April 16th 2009, 1:12 pm

Chess? wrote:How did you do on the test for the first month?

I haven't scored it yet. I'll post the embarrassing results tonight.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger April 23rd 2009, 9:47 am

A tournament could be intresting but i guess impossible for me to join. By previous experience thru the online chess league i know it would almost impossible for me to join since their would be scheduling conflicts between europeans and americains. What is good for europeans is bad for americains since they are at work that time. What is good for americains is bad for europeans since that would be early morning (4-5 am).

What could be done is a tournament at gameknot or another turn-based chess server with a thinking time of atleast 5 days per move. That way everybody can play when it's suitable for him/her and can have a wonderfull practise of the thoughtproces. Offcourse, everybody has to be so fair to not computer cheat, but that wouldn't be a problem i guess.

drunken
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernardonff July 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm

Hey,

I would also be interested on playing with you guys. What about some games on Queenalice (bernobr). I think that the cool thing would be to play against each other and keep making notations on our TO DO list. After the game is over, we can compare and understand what were our differences.

I am rated around 1950 on queenalice and 1500 on ICC, both as Bernobr.

We could also help each other to practice our openings.

Bernardonff
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by fanat July 4th 2009, 8:07 am

What about a turn-based tournament? So everybody, from different timezones can play?
fanat
fanat
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Strad July 4th 2009, 8:40 am

fanat wrote:What about a turn-based tournament? So everybody, from different timezones can play?
I'm in Smile

Strad
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger July 4th 2009, 9:14 am

Strad wrote:
fanat wrote:What about a turn-based tournament? So everybody, from different timezones can play?
I'm in Smile

I would join to get my ass kicked.
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chess? July 5th 2009, 10:14 am

chesstiger wrote:
Strad wrote:
I'm in Smile

I would join to get my ass kicked.
lets get at it!
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernardonff July 5th 2009, 10:48 am

Who will host it? Where?

Bernardonff
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger July 5th 2009, 11:00 am

Guess we need to decide upon server to play and who will be the tournament director.

I have to notice that i will be on holiday from 18th to 30 july so in that period i cannot be sure to be able to play games;
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chess? July 5th 2009, 11:34 am

[quote="chesstiger"]Guess we need to decide upon server to play and who will be the tournament director.

I have to notice that i will be on holiday from 18th to 30 july so in that period i cannot be sure to be able to play games;[/quote

chess.com is the only turn surver i know of. does anyone have any ideas?
have a great holoiday.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by chesstiger July 5th 2009, 6:49 pm

There is also gameknot.com and red hot pawn i believe
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernardonff July 5th 2009, 7:45 pm

lets do it on chess.com so

Bernardonff
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down