International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum

5 posters

Go down

Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum Empty Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum

Post by Blue Devil Knight April 12th 2009, 12:46 pm

This is a forum for chess enthusiasts working through the International Chess School. If you are a student at the ICS, or just curious about ICS, then we welcome you to sign up and contribute to the forum.

This forum is not affiliated with the International Chess School. I independently started the forum in April 2009 because I wanted a place to talk about the course, and none existed at the time.

Contributors should follow standard netiquette practices (i.e., don't be a jerk). If anyone spams threads with obvious advertising, their account will be deleted immediately.

Also, we have a zero tolerance policy toward stealing the material. We want to support the course not undermine it by giving away material for free. If I find out you are trying to steal their intellectual property, I will ban you from this forum. Unfortunately, I had to disable the private message feature on this site because too many people were PMing people trying to get the material for free. Sorry folks, I don't want to injure the ICS that way!

OK, enough of that: have fun and good luck! Enjoy the course.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum Empty Re: Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum

Post by BorgQueen May 27th 2012, 7:59 pm

Oh goody.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum Empty Re: Welcome to the ICS Discussion forum

Post by Guest May 27th 2012, 8:02 pm

BorgQueen wrote:Oh goody.
Hi,

Thank you very much Very Happy

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight May 8th 2014, 4:52 pm

Because of spamming, and because I am more out of the chess loop than in it, I have given BorgQueen admin privileges. Have at it borg queen!!!! Thanks. Smile
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen May 9th 2014, 12:10 am

Thanks BDK!

I will endeavour to serve this community well. My first mission is to try to find a way to allow people to stay logged in and continue to get inboxed when their tracked topics are posted in!
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Naplopo May 13th 2014, 11:35 am

Hi everyone,

I just started the GM package course this month and discovered this forum...  Smile 

Greetings from Belfast!

Naplopo
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen May 13th 2014, 9:29 pm

Hi Naplopo, welcome to the forums and happy studying!
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by degtwa July 19th 2014, 8:26 am

Hi all,

I have just started the ICS course but, due to work commitments and some personal issues, I have not really started to get to grips with it yet.  I'm 55, learnt to play when I was 11, and took the game up seriously in my early twenties. After 8 years playing competitive club chess I stopped playing completely, but have taken it up again about a year ago.

So I'm very rusty, and I note that the general standard has risen sharply since I stopped playing - everyone, it seems, is "booked up" now! I'm getting chewed up in tournaments and league games, but it's such a delight to be involved and playing again.

I'm keen to learn the game properly now, hence my enrolment with ICS. I tried Smirnov's "GM Secrets" module but wasn't too impressed, frankly. The ICS material though, is extremely impressive - it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Incidentally BLUE DEVIL KNIGHT, I saw your name crop up on another forum (can't remember now which one), in which you were accused of spamming for ICS - good to see that you're the real thing after all!

Greetings from York, UK

Degtwa

degtwa
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen July 20th 2014, 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forums and well done with choosing ICS.

I was looking at the Smirnov materials and wondering if it and ICS would compliment each other. What weren't you impressed about ??

I have a similar story to you! Learning chess early on, playing competitively until I quit in my 20s, only to come back to it much later. I found the rust to be really ANNOYING!! It's a bit if a hard road back to the game, but well worth it!
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleykuda May 27th 2015, 7:40 am

Is anyone still active

ashleykuda
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen May 27th 2015, 8:32 pm

No, not really.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleykuda May 27th 2015, 10:38 pm

This sucks I need a training partner

ashleykuda
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen May 28th 2015, 1:56 am

Yup, ICS should really have advertised this forum.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down