International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first game against the Dutch

2 posters

Go down

My first game against the Dutch Empty My first game against the Dutch

Post by Blue Devil Knight June 19th 2009, 12:29 am

As usual, superficial annotations and thoughts in addition to some tactical lines suggested by Fritz. As usual I made a lot of mistakes, but at least this time fewer than my opponent. As I mentioned in a d4 opening thread, I am not playing the line suggested by ICS, but the 2 g3 line. I really like it, as it is what bugged me when I played the Bird. Now I get to bug the Dutch players, but with an extra tempo. Very Happy

It was really nice to have this game while reading through the month 2 material on attacking the King. I felt ready to attack, and it was nice that the opportunity arose. While this was just an ICC game, it was nice to win as he was rated about 150 points higher than me (~1650).

The time control was 40/12.

Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

My first game against the Dutch Empty Re: My first game against the Dutch

Post by chesstiger June 19th 2009, 5:10 am

7. Nf3 ? 7. cxd5 exd5 8. Lxd5 wins a pawn and the bishop has now still an attack on b7 which is one of the reasons why one plays the bishop to g2.

15. ... a6 A waste of time since a7 is protected by Nc6, if one is affraid one has to play Kg8 to defend the pawn on a7 since with a6 one gives white an attacking point. But in this position i would have played something like Bd6, developing the pieces.

32. e5 Indeed a very sloppy move. Exchange is good but just giving away material is not. Lucky for you you where so much ahead of material that this big blunder didn't change the outcome of the game. 32. Nb5 is the move to play i think.
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down