International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS?

3 posters

Go down

What do you usually do when you are unmotivated to work on the ICS material?

What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_lcap0%What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_lcap50%What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_lcap25%What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_lcap25%What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Empty What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS?

Post by Blue Devil Knight May 30th 2009, 6:29 pm

I'm feeling really unmotivated today to finish the annotated self-quiz game. It's the last thing I need to do in the first month of the course. Will I do it or not? I was planning to finish it, and then do a slow game tonight. Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Empty Re: What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS?

Post by Bilbo May 30th 2009, 6:46 pm

Are you talking about the Petra Nad game?

If you are feeling unmotivated to really study it in detail yet feel you should do it why not just concentrate more on the solutions than your own work.

I.e just follow the game move my move, have a little go at attempting to see what is going on and then look at the annotations.

If you can just catch the general idea, i.e what problem needs to be resolved, then that in itself is a great start without you spending hours on trying to work out how to solve it.

Human memory being what it is you can always go back to it later when you have more knowledge and replay it then, you'll have forgotten most of the moves so it will feel like a new task by then anyway.

Bilbo
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS? Empty Re: What do you do when you are not motivated to work on ICS?

Post by chesstiger May 30th 2009, 6:48 pm

Just do a little, not as much as you planned. Maybe that is enough to get you started and do what you wanted to do.
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down