International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1)

3 posters

Go down

Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1) Empty Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1)

Post by Chemwong March 14th 2012, 6:42 pm

To improve my understanding and calculation skills I investigated quite a lot of scenario in the particular game that could occur in another dimension. I made move by move annotation as I may teach others to play chess in some future.

http://blog.chess.com/Chemwong/2012-b-division-1st-round

There are some problem in the analysis that I cannot figure out so I wish to get some assistance, comments and pointing out errors in my analysis. My have yet to use my machine Surprised

Chemwong
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1) Empty Re: Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1)

Post by PawnCustodian March 15th 2012, 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing - nice work!

This is just a suggestion, you might want to take another look at 5...a6 over 5...c6. I understand you are striving for a pawn struture similiar to the semi-slav, but I'm not sure that it works here since you are facing a completely different White pawn centre.

Also, Black has a much better success record with 5...a6, I think that is because the resulting pawn structure and piece coordination for black is much better imho.

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1) Empty Re: Deep Analysis with my Scandinavian Qd6 game (1)

Post by Chemwong March 15th 2012, 12:28 pm

I found difficulty in getting model game in 5...a6 though. Anand played it but I seems he plays only in blitz Smile

Chemwong
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian March 15th 2012, 2:15 pm

It's not that popular, I see 155 games in the Chessbase Megabase, and most games at the club player level (Anand's game does not show up in my database). Even less attention is given to the c6 line with 26 games in the database. Of course the game can transpose into one of the main lines if White plays d4.

Michael Melts addresses 5...a6 and 5...c6 in short notes in his 301 page book on 3...Qd6. About a half page each!

Melts, in the introduction to his book, provides 10 general recommendations for Black, too many to include here. His second recomendation is to "try and finish development of your pieces as quickly as possible because White is usually better in the opening". This is probably a good criteria to use in your own analysis as you evaluate the consequences of each move.

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by HangingKing March 21st 2012, 6:30 pm

I personnally meet Qa5 far more often than Qd6.
Nice analysis anyway.

HangingKing
HangingKing
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemwong April 15th 2012, 10:40 pm

Oh! I have finished the analysis of postmortem with Fritz and...

Many error in my analysis. 2 Blunders that could knock out me were found but I was totally ignorant of it when I review my game. Seems my tactic is poor.

You can see it in the blog - updated.
_____
The dynamic 3...Qd6 has 2nd edition and it is a brand-new one: Opening Traps, Info for Club players, Common and Uncommon sidelines/inaccuracy of white (new chapters), replacement of main games (his corr. games --> 2006~2009 top level games), new lines in analysis and revised evaluation... Worth to get one if you play 3...Qd6!!

Chemwong
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian April 20th 2012, 8:49 am

Good update on your blog.

With regard to the 17.Qxg3 question, you might run an infinite analyis on the position in a multi-variation mode to look at the two variations calculated by FRITZ for the two moves.

Just looking at the positions without any analysis I suspect that the engine didn't like the weakened King position with the queens still on the board, but that's just a guess on my part.

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down