International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a little push to join ICS

3 posters

Go down

I need a little push to join ICS Empty I need a little push to join ICS

Post by Tweety December 23rd 2009, 7:37 pm

Hello! I just read the free pdf lessons and I think the course is very interesting. However I have a doubt: What is the difference between this course and others? On the free pdf's they mention again and again their method will make us better player and I think so, why should not?. Solving the exercises we learn how to think and evaluate a position making a todo list, cqs, ... . Do the solutions show us so or only variations as in books? I reckon I am a little bit sceptical, would any of you post or email me one exercise and its solution? I would be very appreciated. I also want to apologie for my English. Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work and become better players!!!!
Tweety
Tweety
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

I need a little push to join ICS Empty Re: I need a little push to join ICS

Post by zmaster December 26th 2009, 7:32 pm

Here is a little push. They give you a moneyIf you are serious, here is a little push. They give you a money back guarantee. So you can get the material and judge it for yourself at no risk. If you don’t like it, get your money back. In my opinion the material is outstanding, the only question is, if the student will be teachable and do the work. The reason why there are few that will make it to 2300 is because most will not do the work and are not coachable.

zmaster
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

http://www.zebfortman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweety December 26th 2009, 7:42 pm

Thank you for your advice! You just gave the push I needed, I think I will give it a try. I have the time to do the course and I never was afraid of hard work. I wish this kind of courses were available when I was young, well that's life. Thank you again.
Tweety
Tweety
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by zmaster December 26th 2009, 7:58 pm

I feel the same way, I am 60 years old. Now I have the time and the material (thanks to ICS) to make 2300. All I have to do is master the material, follow the directions, and do the work.

"Chess players never die, they just run out of time"

zmaster
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweety December 28th 2009, 4:47 pm

I am younger, 42. My peak elo was 2140 FEDA in 1994 and now I achieved 2007 elo FIDE in the last list of november, my first one by the way. I did not play chess for 14 years until I started to play again in november 2008, not too many games, about 4 tournaments a year, but I want to be persistent to be able to improve my understanding of the game and I hope to avoid time trouble that it is killing me, specially in the last tournament where I lost two and a half points due to not manage the clock properly, in those cases I just run out of time but still alive!!!! Read you soon

Last edited by Tweety on December 29th 2009, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Tweety
Tweety
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by zmaster January 1st 2010, 11:11 am

It is great to have you as a fellow student. Keep in touch and best wishes.

Zmaster

zmaster
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight January 1st 2010, 5:47 pm

The solutions are much more than variation dumps. They explain most things in their framework developed throughout the course. It is a lot of work, that is the only thing. Improvement comes with a pretty major commitment.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum