International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-Slav

3 posters

Go down

Semi-Slav Empty Semi-Slav

Post by fanat July 23rd 2009, 9:51 am

I've got the material for Month 6 and they start the introduction for the Semi-Slav. It's look very nice and detailed! Almost makes me want to start learning it.

Unfortunately I've never had any experience with Semi-Slav! Can anybody tell me more general ideas about the opening because the books surely don't help? How does it compare to Nimzo-Indian/QID? More aggressive? Less aggressive? Amount of theory? More of a positional play vs Nimzo?
fanat
fanat
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Semi-Slav Empty Re: Semi-Slav

Post by hoopy January 25th 2010, 6:29 pm

To answer you question it is absolute madness. I have had good results against 2000+ players. But have also been destroyed in a couple of games. ( Much more agressive than Queen Indian) and infinitely more so than the dull Lasker QGD or exchange Queen gambit that I nomally see or play. It really is one of those games that a single mistake can throw the game either way. Expect piece sacrifices in almost every game from either player.

The theory is not too hard to learn either. To play it is to learn it.

Last edited by hoopy on January 25th 2010, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info.)
hoopy
hoopy
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemwong July 14th 2011, 5:30 pm

"Behind a solid center, Black prepares the
dangerous fianchetto, Bb7"

Is the ICS line playing 8. ...a6 or 8. ...Bb7, I cannot wait until month 6 or 7 and my result against d4 is bad despite being a d4 player. Using Dutch defense failed, due to the "Anti-Dutch" line in first month (It coincide with "findings" in chess.com database search". I really need to learn Meran now...

Chemwong
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemwong July 15th 2011, 4:06 pm

Actually I am not sure about the definition of "Generalized fianchetto" as opposed to the most standard one. Does it means that Black will have a bishop protected by pawn shielding after trading c pawns?

Chemwong
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down