International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Colle-Zuckertort Thread

2 posters

Go down

My Colle-Zuckertort Thread Empty My Colle-Zuckertort Thread

Post by Blue Devil Knight January 18th 2010, 5:05 pm

First game was awful. Blitz I just played mindlessly, but here it is.

Note obviously starting at move 10 I was just moving mindlessly, pretty much to see what would happen, not thoughtfully or anything. This opening is interesting, I'm presently reading the Zuke 'em book.

Don't even waste energy with comments, I know the problems in this game. One thing it taught me: if I'm gonna play this opening I'll need a good plan against a6/b5/b4.

Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

My Colle-Zuckertort Thread Empty Re: My Colle-Zuckertort Thread

Post by HangingKing January 23rd 2010, 2:39 pm

Well, even if it was not the position you expected from the theory, this was not a pitiful game till move 13.

But what was the purpose of Nxc4 ? Was it a desesperation move because you were upset he managed to build his c,d,e pawn chain ?

Anyway, if you retreat the bishop to Be2 and push c3, you get basically something very close to a French structure, and have to care mainly of the f7 pawn, which is likely to be pushed on f5 (since there is no more black could do on queenside right now).
So a g4 push can give you a small compensation since Rf3 rook is already developped for a kingside attack, of course your bishop on b2 is not ideal, but neither is Bb7...

I mean, it's good to practice oppening theory, but to some point you have to be flexible, and if your opponent lead you to something you didn't expect, try to transpose to another system.
HangingKing
HangingKing
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight January 23rd 2010, 11:44 pm

Of course. Just getting the thread started with my first game. Not worth commenting on.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down