International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting started at ICS: How are you going through the material?

+5
hoopy
chesstiger
HangingKing
fanat
Blue Devil Knight
9 posters

Go down

Getting started at ICS: How are you going through the material? - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting started at ICS: How are you going through the material?

Post by Chess? May 7th 2009, 12:54 am

hoopy wrote:I agree but a score of say 50 is rather vague. There are many other quizes that I have seen which estimate gradings or wekanesses. I thought that this rather than a points score would be more meaningful.

I felt the same way when I did the test. So I end up with a number, is that a baseline for a future test? Maybe ICS has another test in the later months.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Getting started at ICS: How are you going through the material? - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting started at ICS: How are you going through the material?

Post by chesstiger May 7th 2009, 3:21 am

Chess?,

Like i wrote before. One gets a simular test at the end of the course aswell. So one can compare the before and after (the course).

Cool
chesstiger
chesstiger
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AoxomoxoA June 28th 2009, 4:05 pm

First read theory and games , then do the exercise, the test in between whenever i have some quiet moments

AoxomoxoA
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Chess? June 29th 2009, 1:41 am

fanat wrote:I thought the amount of material for the 1st month was a little too much. Maybe it's because I signed up for the opening module also and opening study takes a lot of time.

I went through almost all the material for the 1st month but I didn't get to finish some of the problems or even the test 1 Very Happy

finat, you will have to give the test a go. it's extreeeemly humbling.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fanat June 29th 2009, 8:36 am

Chess? wrote:
fanat wrote:I thought the amount of material for the 1st month was a little too much. Maybe it's because I signed up for the opening module also and opening study takes a lot of time.

I went through almost all the material for the 1st month but I didn't get to finish some of the problems or even the test 1 Very Happy

finat, you will have to give the test a go. it's extreeeemly humbling.

I've done some problems on the test I and I definitely agree that it's very humbling! I don't need a test to tell me how much I suck! Very Happy
fanat
fanat
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AoxomoxoA July 3rd 2009, 4:46 pm

[quote="fanat"][quote="Chess?"]
fanat wrote: I don't need a test to tell me how much I suck! Very Happy
The solutions are good, i like it to think about a problem and then get a "solution". The points, who cares

AoxomoxoA
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by asimpereira August 6th 2012, 11:21 pm

I am using "Chess Book Study" app on my Android device to read the ICS pdfs.
Makes it easy to read AND make moves on the accompanying board, all in one screen!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pereira.booknboard

Regards,
Asim
Disclaimer: I am the developer of the app.

--
For the love of the game

asimpereira
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen August 12th 2012, 9:54 pm

So it shows the pdf AND an analysis board on one screen?

Sounds bloody hard to read!

And you have to be an android??
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by asimpereira August 12th 2012, 10:02 pm

Yes, you have to be a Droid!
Useful if you have a large screen phone or a tablet.
Ofcourse, the board can be hidden at will to make reading easier.

asimpereira
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen August 12th 2012, 10:53 pm

Meh, I'm not a droid.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down