Admins Newsroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admins Newsroom

Post by BorgQueen on May 12th 2014, 6:08 am

Hi all,

Please track this topic if you want to keep up to date with what I am doing in regard to site management.  I will try to post in here from time to time in order to keep you updated on site administration progress.

The latest and current issue I am trying to fix is the one where users, such as myself, were "logged out" of the system and then subsequently failed to receive e-mail notifications of new posts.  I'll call it "The 'Forget Users' Issue".

Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?  I have to ask as the support I am getting is saying... basically... "HUH?"

I also need to confirm that the topics that are being posted in are in fact the ones being tracked by the user(s) experiencing this issue!!  It may just be that nobody is posting in the topics that are being tracked ... In other words it could just be me not realising that just because I haven't been e-mailed it only means that topics I am tracking haven't been posted in, but the site itself is still active!  This may be a "non-issue"!

----
Blue Devil Knight wrote:The danger of studying positional chess at the expense of tactics is that you will spend a half hour thinking about where a Knight belongs, and then proceed to put it on a beautiful square where it is en prise. Smile
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admins Newsroom

Post by BorgQueen on May 12th 2014, 6:11 am

Oh, did anyone notice the new icon for the site?

Good / Bad / Who cares? What's your view?

----
Blue Devil Knight wrote:The danger of studying positional chess at the expense of tactics is that you will spend a half hour thinking about where a Knight belongs, and then proceed to put it on a beautiful square where it is en prise. Smile
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight on May 12th 2014, 10:05 am

I am not seeing a new icon, but a default earth icon. Re: the original post, I don't think I ever tried to track a subject, so don't actually know....

Grandmaster
Grandmaster

View user profile http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DonM on May 12th 2014, 9:54 pm

If you are referring to the icon at the left top of the page, preceding the text "International Chess School Forum", I see a set of chess pieces. Nice image. As to notices of replies to watched topics, even though I usually log off when I leave the site, I still get messages. I believe a "watched topic" is one that a member has posted a message in.
DonM
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen on May 12th 2014, 10:32 pm

Ok so the icon thing is a bit dodgey. I see a KNIGHT. Not an earth or a set of chess pieces... very consistent!! lol

----
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorian Gent on June 9th 2014, 4:01 am

Hi BQ
Yeah, I get logged out periodically so don't get notifications
Thanks for taking this job on
VG

Victorian Gent
Club Player
Club Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen on June 9th 2014, 9:44 pm

I can't seem to do anything about the issue. There's no setting to stop your cookie from expiring and there's clearly no option like "stop notifications of tracked topics once your cookie expires and you are silently logged out".

There may be nothing that be done to solve this issue...

----
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum