International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New...about to take the course...questions

Go down

New...about to take the course...questions Empty New...about to take the course...questions

Post by Leavenfish October 7th 2012, 4:52 pm

Hello -

A qick intro:
I've been playing for about 30 yrs. I've been a USCF Expert for 20 yrs. Rating high: 2164, currently 2030. Basically, I've played maybe 2 tournaments a year for the last 10-15 yrs and my skills have fallen off. I've probably won 12-15 tournaments over the years but these days it is rare though I usually finish towards the top of the crosstables, just behind the 2-4 Masters that frequent the same events. I probably 'understand' the game better than ever...just not tournament tough and my game skills have fallen off.

A few questions:

Could anyone reading this post their:

CURRENT OTB RATING
OTB RATING BEFORE COURSE
WHERE YOU THINK YOU HAVE IMPROVED MOST
WHAT COURSE YOU TOOK - by this I now see only the Grandmaster Chess Course, their "best course". Are there others? What level of play is this or any of the others geared towards? Ex: they say "We run three compreshensive courses..." But the only one I really see listed is the 'Grandmaster Course". I've heard of a 'Core Course"...but can't find anything about that. HELP!!! An email to them game me...what basically seemed like a general response that really did not address my questions.

Trying to make up my mind as to what is best for me or if the course would even be worth my time.

Thanks,
Leavenfish

Leavenfish
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down