International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many blitz games not good for chess development

+6
PurplePredator
HangingKing
PawnCustodian
chesstiger
BorgQueen
kingsmasher1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Too many blitz games not good for chess development - Page 2 Empty Re: Too many blitz games not good for chess development

Post by PawnCustodian November 7th 2010, 6:06 pm

HangingKing wrote:Well i must say that sometimes, a few bucks in exchange of plenty of hours wasted is not a bad deal :-)

It helps.

My last competition I shared a small cash prize, so I've advanced from nothing to show for all my time and expense all the way to next to nothing to show for all my time and expense. Smile

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Too many blitz games not good for chess development - Page 2 Empty Re: Too many blitz games not good for chess development

Post by BorgQueen November 7th 2010, 6:27 pm

I'm definitely happy to trade dollars for time.

Time is irreplaceable, money is not.

So COW is the way to go then?
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian November 8th 2010, 7:40 am

I can't say for CPT since I never used it.

I've used COW for a couple of months now and it has done everything I need as discussed here. It has other capabilities for internet chess players that look pretty neat as well.

Like all chess software there's a learning curve, but I haven't come across any fatal bugs. I'd say after a chess database program, this would be the next "essential" type of software for the OTB player.

There's some videos here: http://www.bookup.com/videos/

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen November 9th 2010, 2:14 am

Cool, thanks for the videos link... looks like something else I'll need some free time for!
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsmasher1 November 21st 2010, 6:59 am

Thanks people, CPT is really a good one to enhance the opening skill. Thanks for sharing with us, and keep posting and help us if you'll come across more such good things.

Together we can work and make ourselves better and better. Thanks to all again, for sharing it.

kingsmasher1
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lizacrew September 19th 2011, 9:01 pm

I curently do a fair amount of work to convert and host files so if there's an easier way I like to know. For example, here's what I see with chess opening wizard after I've imported the files.....

lizacrew
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian September 20th 2011, 10:02 am

lizacrew wrote:I curently do a fair amount of work to convert and host files so if there's an easier way I like to know. For example, here's what I see with chess opening wizard after I've imported the files.....

I don't see any image with your post.

I've been converting all of the chessbase opening files into COW.

It requires saving the chessbase files as pgn before importing the games into a COW file. All of the comments are ported with the moves. After the conversion I clean up the commentary to look good although that is not really essential. The only other thing that is not obvious after conversion is to use the "recalculate uncandidates" command in COW to identify transpositions.

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by maylenedizon December 5th 2011, 7:10 pm

I think that blitz will undermine the memorization work until I've completed the learning.

maylenedizon
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2