International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added

+11
chesskang
cofresi
Chess?
chesstiger
Blue Devil Knight
HangingKing
PawnCustodian
BorgQueen
StarByrne
Tweety
Bilbo
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added - Page 3 Empty Re: ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added

Post by Blue Devil Knight March 6th 2011, 10:11 pm

BorgQueen wrote:So if you don't cancel, you get year 2 automatically??

Not sure.

Thanks bilbo maybe they have the whole year done!

Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added - Page 3 Empty Re: ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added

Post by supermoy September 11th 2011, 12:26 pm

Does anyone know if the course is complete, so that if i buy it, i wil receive it month by month until the end, because i looked at some comments and what i understood is that they have not finish the construction of the course.
And i would not like to pay for it and then be left waiting at the half of the course,
thanks

supermoy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen September 11th 2011, 9:15 pm

Year 1 is complete, but they do keep adding stuff, which is a bonus.

Not sure about the other years.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by supermoy September 11th 2011, 9:33 pm

Thank you, no, actually i was trying to refer to year 2&3, but thank you anyway Smile

supermoy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Chess? February 16th 2012, 12:35 pm

who has signed up for the year two courses? I have taken on the challenge for both, What Really Matters and Pawn Structures. I really should have only signed up for one course but the excitement was too much and I broke like a little kid in a candy store.
Chess?
Chess?
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian February 16th 2012, 12:55 pm

I'm at month 8 year 2, but, I'm about 3 months behind on the year 2 stuff.

I decided to build out the year 1 month 11 openings model games which is incomplete (no model games for the black repertoire and several of the white repertoire variations). Hope to catch up before the start of year 3 Smile .

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by supermoy April 14th 2012, 1:28 am

Chess? wrote:who has signed up for the year two courses? I have taken on the challenge for both, What Really Matters and Pawn Structures. I really should have only signed up for one course but the excitement was too much and I broke like a little kid in a candy store.
You don't have to worry because the courses are charged month by month and you can stop whenever you want, and i dont jnow but maybe you can even continue whenever you have the money to continue paying or the time Smile

supermoy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by supermoy April 14th 2012, 1:37 am

Hey, im already on month 8 of the second year and i aws wondering of someone has already started the third year and how good did you find it?
alsoo, i would like to hear the opinion of how good did you find the second year for the ones that are taking it or are finishing it, and if you felt you improved, i would like to listen to the complete tale of what was it for you, thanks Smile

supermoy
Club Player
Club Player

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian July 13th 2012, 6:34 pm

I've finally started year three (the new year 2).

I have to say the improvement in the material is dramatic: the tactics videos are outstanding with a focus on getting strong attacking positions, and the games pdf's are filled with clear and instructive commentary. Can't wait to see what they do with the endgame videos...

Frankly I found the (old) year two less stellar, useful as opening surveys, but nothing special since one can find similiar coverage in any of a dozen or so opening theory books. They really should add material to this year, some positional puzzles would help greatly...

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RadDogFriday January 7th 2021, 4:54 pm

I'm confused here.

I have been with the program since Aug 2016, but under my Grandmaster Package all I see is Month 01 thru Month 13. I also have the Opening Preparation package as well.

I don't understand how I access Year 2 or Year 3, or even give myself the opportunity to sign up for them.

Any help appreciated.
RadDogFriday
RadDogFriday
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen January 7th 2021, 8:16 pm

I have the same: the GM course and the opening package.

It's confusing, but I think these extra "years" are from buying the annotated game sets.
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

RadDogFriday likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian January 8th 2021, 8:28 am

BorgQueen is correct.

My home page for the course is organized into three categories: The Core (GM) Course; Annotated Games consisting of "Practical Chess" and "System of Champions" which I received over two years; and "Additional Study Material" (puzzles).

I was offered each course at the end of each subscription period. It was all a long time ago, you might contact the school to see if and how the material is offered.

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

RadDogFriday likes this post

Back to top Go down

ICS New Course Plans: Two more years of material added - Page 3 Empty New course : strong chess fighter

Post by Mystique September 28th 2023, 3:52 pm

Is someone already a few weeks into the new 12-week course : strong chess fighter?

I Just purchased this course because it was not that expensive and hoping for new material provided in a more interactive digital way.
After viewing the first week I noticed that this week is Just a copy / paste of material of the core course presented in a more modern way.

I am curious if this remain that way, perhaps someone has already viewed more weeks .

Mystique
Scholastic Player
Scholastic Player

Back to top Go down

Post by PawnCustodian September 28th 2023, 5:53 pm

I just received the final lesson about a week ago.

The first two weeks are, as you say, a rehash of month one of the Grandmaster Course. Week three elaborates a bit more than month 2 on king safety.

Week 4 begins with an introduction of attacking concepts and the phases of attacking the opponents king.

Remaining lessons are increasingly complex examples from top games applying this "new" way of thinking. Like the Grandmaster course, this is about strategy, but with the emphasis on attacking play (and players).

I think they delivered. If you found the Grandmaster course useful, you will find the Strong Chess Fighter material just as compelling.

But, it is not interactive. You still set up the board and work your way through the moves. (Actually I am using the "find the move" features on CB 17 to play over games).

PawnCustodian
International Master
International Master

Mystique likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3