International Chess School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King's Indian material is fantastic

5 posters

Go down

King's Indian material is fantastic Empty King's Indian material is fantastic

Post by Blue Devil Knight June 9th 2009, 10:45 pm

The material on what to do when black plays a King's Indian setup is simply gorgeous. I love the way they organize it into the four major plans for black, and what white's plans should be in response for each case (this is after move 6). It has a combination of elegance and utility that you would be hard-pressed to find even in an opening book.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

King's Indian material is fantastic Empty Re: King's Indian material is fantastic

Post by mathteacher July 1st 2009, 2:17 pm

It's my favorite too. I never considered Ng3 before I studied this module.
mathteacher
mathteacher
Learning the Rules
Learning the Rules

Back to top Go down

King's Indian material is fantastic Empty Re: King's Indian material is fantastic

Post by Bilbo July 25th 2009, 5:50 am

I've just started studying this over the past couple days in preparation for the British Championships about to start after the weekend.

I'm entering the under 100 section and also the 110 Weekender Yates tournament and have always hated playing against the Kings Indian because I only had a vague idea of what to do.

I used to play the bayonett attack which is essentially a race, white trying to undermine Black's queenside before he gets mated on the kingside and I didn't enjoy facing it at all.

This new reportoire is so much more fun! Now after Bd3 Black's looming threat of f5 just doesn't have the same impact as I've overprotected that square and can simply take the pawn and then play Ng3 and f4 busting any black hopes of attack!

I think it's even better for us that it's quite an obscure line, barely mentioned in the current Batsford Modern Chess Openings, so I imagine Black players, especially at my level will just try their usual moves of trying to push f5 but now I'll be ready Cool

So far since learning the basics of this system I've faced the Kings Indian once on playchess in a 15 minute blitz game and won fairly easily despite making a couple of mistakes late on.

At one point I was over 4 points ahead on Rybka but then blundered and almost got into trouble, nothing to do with the opening however.

I'm very optimistic of this system and its boosted my impression of the opening module overall.

Now I'm relishing someone playing the KID against me, Bring it!

Bilbo
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbo July 25th 2009, 5:53 am

Also there are a few well annotated games in the Mega Database.

Saut Atalik is a regular player of these lines and has annoted numerous games in these lines in the Chessbase Mega 09 so there are a few annotated game we can put with this whilst we wait for months 10-13 of the ICS course.

Bilbo
International Master
International Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fanat July 25th 2009, 9:19 am

I'm going over Kosten's "Dynamic English" slowly and he recommends Botvinnik setup up against King's Indian. Anybody tried it in OTB games?
fanat
fanat
National Master
National Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen July 20th 2010, 10:47 am

Sounds great! What month is that in?
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Devil Knight July 21st 2010, 9:00 am

Borg: it's in month 2 I think.
Blue Devil Knight
Blue Devil Knight
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

http://chessconfessions.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BorgQueen July 21st 2010, 9:34 am

Cool! I look forward to it next month then :-)

Thanks!
BorgQueen
BorgQueen
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down